The following immunizations are recommended for adults persons living or travelling in and around Nigeria:
- Hepatitis A vaccine (2 doses- 2nd dose 6 months after initial dose)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (3 doses over a 6 month period)
- Measles vaccine (or MMR) (single dose if born after 1957)
- Meningococcal Meningitis (every 3 years)
- Polio vaccine (additional dose once in an adult life)
- Tetanus-Diphtheria vaccine (every 10 years)
- Typhoid vaccine (every 2 years)
- Yellow fever vaccine (every 10 years)
- Rabies (3 doses over 28 days)
- Influenza (once every year)
- Tuberculosis skin testing (once a year)
Be advised that some of these immunizations are NOT available or are very expensive at local medical clinics.
It is strongly recommended that these immunizations are received in your home country prior to traveling to Nigeria.
SEE BELOW FOR THE CHILDHOOD IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE AS PUBLISHED BY THE CDC.