Hello

This topic contains 720 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by ConquisTador ConquisTador 5 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 722 total)
  • Author

YOKO
    Participant

KansasOyibo
      KansasOyibo
      Participant

Thumbs up to the first May 4th post! This last post Aretha Franklin? Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

KansasOyibo
        KansasOyibo
        Participant

Oops, I meant the second to last post.

YOKO
          Participant

WEDGIEDAY

42nd avenue
            42nd avenue
            Participant

Hello to you Yoko and Kansas. And Conquistador, OB, Onne goat and everyone else.

Great to see the site is still running

Visas,tickets,hotel and apartment bookings? Ask me! 42ndavenue1@gmail.com

De Onne Juju Goat
              De Onne Juju Goat
              Participant

Still running but its now a full-time “nyash titilation week”, not just fridays. No gist anymore.

back as kissa

De Onne Juju Goat
                De Onne Juju Goat
                Participant

Greetings to the famous 4, while am still online

back as kissa

KansasOyibo
                  KansasOyibo
                  Participant

Greetings. Do you know how longgggggg it’s been when there were three sepeate forums to reply to? And I almost didn’t visit OOL today.

De Onne, are you suggesting this is too much of a good thing? Please check one of the other threads for the question of the day: Reactions in country to Buhari seeking a 2nd term.

42nd avenue
                    42nd avenue
                    Participant

Since im not here to be the change i kind of desire,I’m not complaining.

Be the change you desire. . .one of my favorite quotes. 😀

42nd avenue
                      42nd avenue
                      Participant

It really will be good if we start interesting and current conversations on here and when that is done, the lurkers in the shadow will come out and contribute.

YOKO
                        Participant

Since the end of last week I have exceptionally been very busy. For this reason I did not make my usual petty postings or perhaps I should say pets postings.

In the absence of my contributions there has been a distinct increase in postings on several different subjects so perhaps I should desist from entering Pics except perhaps the traditional Nyash Friday exhibits.

As well as being busy I was avoiding too much computer use to save running generators. Last Monday when UK was basking in hot sunny weather reportedly carried by winds from Africa, Port Harcourt suffered a prolonged very violent Hail Storm. Yes you did read Hail Storm correctly. According to reports this is a regular occurrence happening about once every 10 or 15 years. (No doubt some of our female readers wish their periods could be similarly regular).

The gusting high winds accompanying the storm caused much damage to housing in many areas. It also caused trees and light poles to fall hitting cars etc. It is now a full eight days since we had any power supply and many areas of town are similarly affected -just another day in Paradise!

Just thought I would update on conditions in Port Harcourt where social life for expats becomes increasingly dull like the weather.

ConquisTador
                          ConquisTador
                          Participant

42nd avenue
                            42nd avenue
                            Participant

I read about the hailstorm plus the wreckage that came with it. Lagos, or rather, my part of lagos, is relatively safe then. Lots of rain, some lightning and puddles of water. No flood in my side.
                              The weather is gloomy again this morning and I think it rained earlier. No update from me about lagos Nightlife or expat situation as I’m pretty much indoors these days.

YOKO
                              Participant

In the absence of different subjects its back to the old favourite NYASH FRIDAY

YOKO
                                Participant

KansasOyibo
                                  KansasOyibo
                                  Participant

YOKO great post for the beginning of the weekend here. I’m off to graduation feast. The grad’s parents are both from Naija so there will be some great home/spicy cooking to consume along with a beer or two!

YOKO
                                    Participant

Saturday Surf

42nd avenue
                                      42nd avenue
                                      Participant

No sunday rice ? 😀

Okay so there’s ebola again in some parts of Africa? I am so worried because Nigerian borders are so secured and healthcare/personal hygiene topnotch

42nd avenue
                                        42nd avenue
                                        Participant

@ Yoko, I hope you are okay?

YOKO
                                          Participant

42nd – I have actually been busy for a change but no-one apart from you seems to have noticed my lack of postings. I even mistakenly thought it might encourage other to introduce new subjects.

Anyway we are back to NYASH FRIDAY

Spot the spots!

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 722 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.