Bank Accounts in Nigeria

Home Forums Q & A Bank Accounts in Nigeria

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by KansasOyibo KansasOyibo 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    KansasOyibo
    KansasOyibo
    Participant

To all remaining OOLers, a question. IF the wife & I had a savings account in Nigeria, a USD savings account, would we be able to withdraw USD’s from it easily while visiting OR because of the foreign currency shortage, would be denied? I read an article recently that the CBN was allowing the sale/withdrawal of a limited amount of USD’s and that Dangote was getting 1 out of every 8 USD’s the CBN was selling. Awaiting OOLers replies. Thx. KO.

42nd avenue
      42nd avenue
      Participant

A usd or any dom account for that matter (usd,euro,pounds) entitles you to have your withdrawals paid in same currency. No stress.

I withdrew some usd from my dorm account late last week and had no issues. sold my dollars at the rate of 495.

Your dollars are safe.

Visas,tickets,hotel and apartment bookings? Ask me! 42ndavenue1@gmail.com

De Onne Juju Goat
        De Onne Juju Goat
        Participant

true. They may try to delay you and mess you around talking about shortages, or even offer you an alternative currency if you have more than one currency account, but you will be fine.

back as kissa

KansasOyibo
          KansasOyibo
          Participant

De Onne & 42nd Street: many thanks.

NOW more questions. Do Nigerian banks have routing number like U.S. banks? I can think of two methods of getting USDs into our USD account there. As we’re in the States, an international wire transfer, which would require the bank’s SWIFT code or I believe I could have a small portion of my paycheck direct-deposited in Naija. Got the account number (obviously) but need a unique identifier for the bank (like the U.S routing number). Help please.

42nd: 495? NICE we’re getting 375 via MoneyGram.

De Onne Juju Goat
            De Onne Juju Goat
            Participant

You’re welcome Kansas.
              Yes the swift code of both the intermediary account and beneficiary account in Naija is needed. Plus the routing code of the intermediary account.

back as kissa

42nd avenue
              42nd avenue
              Participant

To send or transfer directly from your account to your USD account in Nigeria, you need just for things :
                Account Name : Kansas Oyibo

Account/IBAN Number : your ten digits account number

Sort Code : Your bank should provide you that or check your banks website for that. GTB IS GTBINGLA( I know cos i bank with them)

BANK NAME : Eg Guranty trust bank (GTB)

ADDRESS : Usually, the banks head office address, for GTB is 635 akin adesola street, victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Funds reflect in account after 48 hours.

http://www.gtbank.com/personalbanking/cards/mastercard/gtbank-smart-kids-save-sks-teen-card/38-corporate-citizenship#funds-transfer-instruction

You dont need the re-wire routing codes etc anymore if the funds is coming from US, for UK, maybe.

Make i send my account number so you can use it for a test? 😛

KansasOyibo
                KansasOyibo
                Participant

De Onne, many thanks.

42nd Avenue, thanks & nice try. If money were sent your way then there would have to be quid pro quo. As I’m happily married to a wonderful Naija woman, that won’t happen. BUT IF I come across a fella who is interested, I’ll advise!

KansasOyibo
                  KansasOyibo
                  Participant

Almost forgot, karma+ to both of you!

De Onne Juju Goat
                    De Onne Juju Goat
                    Participant

Na waoh. K+ and K- finished about 6 years ago didn’t it, when I was still on my 2nd handle !

back as kissa

KansasOyibo
                      KansasOyibo
                      Participant

De Onne, just checking to see who remembered this. K- were also called “smites” if my memory still holds……and Fresh Fish got many the first week. Alas, my ratio was heavily favoured towards smites!

De Onne Juju Goat
                        De Onne Juju Goat
                        Participant

of course, welcome smites !
                          I used to smite Stuckoyibo every hour !!!

back as kissa

KansasOyibo
                          KansasOyibo
                          Participant

ROTFLMAO Apapaapapa or something like that, she gave me most of my smites. I remember (from OOL) Stuckoyibo!

ronnieD
                            Participant

finally the greenback broke the threshold mark

42nd avenue
                              42nd avenue
                              Participant

@ Kansas, Apapapapa is a he. My sugar daddy and biggest 2015 – 2016 e-crush.

We never met. ;D

De Onne Juju Goat
                                De Onne Juju Goat
                                Participant

Yes Ronnie, you can sell your $ for 500 N each.. N 506 to buy !

back as kissa

KansasOyibo
                                  KansasOyibo
                                  Participant

Excellent. Getting ready to wire USD’s into Nigeria for ultimate withdrawal. No wisecracks 42nd.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.